5 Reasons to have a Termite Treatment or Barrier in place
- The CSIRO found that termites cause more damage than fire and that more than 1 in 5 houses have termite damage with an approximate damage bill of more than $100 million annually.
- Termites are subterranean which means “underground”. A termite treatment (barrier) will cover all of the soil surrounding the perimeter of your home. This way termites cannot get access inside without travelling through treated soil.
- Every year about 180,000 Australian homes are attacked by termites. A termite colony can devour upwards of 5g of wood per day. This may not sound like much but without a treatment they can remain active in your property and undetected, for years.
- Non-repellent chemical treatments (barriers) such as Termidor or Sentricon Always Active monitoring & baiting programs (all tailored to your property directly) can provide you with between 5 to 8 years of peace of mind.
- Not having a termite treatment (barrier) in place can put off potential buyers and even worse, having live termites at the time of their pre-purchase inspection is likely to cause them to cancel the contract. Termite protection has become one of the major concerns for purchasers in Queensland.
Watch our Termite Treatment video below for more information on how we carry out our termite treatments and if you have any questions please feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 07 3088 2100 (postcode direction will put you through to the expert in your area for the best QUALITY service!).