General Pest Control Package
Looking for a safe, effective and long lasting treatment to rid those pesky bugs in and around your home? We have a great package deal where we treat the common pests found inside your home:
Cockroaches – Black Ants – Spiders and Silverfish.
Watch our Pest Control video
Successful pest control is really about effective pest management. You can never entirely free your home from foraging insects, but you can make it undesirable for them so they never become established and breed in your home.
The Bugs we target – General Pest Control
Products we use
- Revolutionary Cockroach Gel is applied to all cupboards and wet areas. This hassle free bait has special pheromones that the cockroaches can’t resist to eat. They take the poison back to their nest and pass it through the family! Gone are the days that you have to empty your cupboards for the pest man!
- Your home is treated inside and outside with the latest Dual action – Synthetic Pyrethroids (Temprid75) sprays that have low odour and are environmentally aware for your family and pets.
- Every treatment includes a Ceiling Dusting to rid your home of ants, cockroaches, spiders and silverfish that dwell in the roof and wall voids.
Some common questions and advice about our pest control service
- You don’t have to do any preparation before you get a general spray done on your home. Therefore there is no need to empty any cupboards before the pest controller arrives (only if there is a bad infestation of German Cockroaches).
- The chemicals used for a general pest control spray are totally safe for your family and pets. However we do recommend that any pet food and water bowls are removed prior to treatment and cleaned after treatment. The chemicals however used may harm reptiles and fish. We recommend that reptiles be removed and that fish tanks are covered and the aerator pumps turned off during treatment and ½ an hour after treatment.
- If you are moving into a new home and would like to have it sprayed it is best to have it done before you move in to ensure complete coverage of the sprayed areas, i.e. no furniture to spray around and all cleaning done.
- If the house is vacant the power needs to be turned on so the job can be fully completed as we treat the roof void with an electric applicator.
- For best results any painting or cleaning including carpet cleaning should be done prior to the pest control being carried out. Do not clean down spider webs, this should be done 7 – 10 days after the treatment. Cleaning windows should also be left until after the job is done.
- Once the spray has been carried out on your home, windows can be cleaned using newspaper or a squeegee with cleaning agents. DO NOT HOSE DOWN THE WINDOWS OR HOUSE.
- A general pest control treatment covers spiders, silverfish, cockroaches and coastal brown ants. It does not include termites, borers rodents or fleas. These pests require a separate treatment and a fee is charged accordingly.
- The general spray is a residual treatment. The initial spray will kill any pests that are present. Pests that come in contact with the residue will not always die instantly. They become sick and eventually die.
- If pests have only just come in contact with the residue they can appear quite normal. If they are in areas where they would not usually be seen, such as in the middle of the floor or wall during the day, the best thing to do is to monitor their condition. If new pests are continually being seen, then a call back may be necessary.
- A general pest control treatment should be carried out annually (or 6 monthly for problem areas) from the date of initial treatment to maintain a pest free home for you and your family. A more regular treatment may be required for commercial premises.
- To reduce the likelihood of an infestation of cockroaches, ants and mice in your home, you need to ensure that any food scraps and crumbs are daily cleaned from floors, bench-tops and bins.
- Leaking plumbing and appliances entice cockroaches that carry diseases, to breed around these areas as they need moisture and also create a risk for termite infestation.
- Each pest control operator is local and trained in the specific problems in your area, so he will be able to find the problem faster and treat it in the best, the safest and the most economical manner.