We specialise in Termite (White Ant) Inspection, Detection and Treatment Plans.
Houses in Coorparoo face significant termite (white ant) threats. On average, Conquer Termites would conduct a chemical treatment to a home in Coorparoo once a week. It is hard to put an exact figure on the number of homes that are being attacked and damage by termites in Coorparoo, and we certainly aren’t the only company operating in the area, but it would be higher than most suburbs in Brisbane.
Reasons why the termite threat is high in Coorparoo
- The housing stock is on average over 60 years old. This means any original chemical treatment has expired or due to past (many) renovations, the structure has been compromised allowing concealed entry for the termites.
- Normally the houses in Coorparoo have suspended wooden floors on concrete stumps with a laundry at the rear that is on the ground. This is usually the entry point for termites.
- As Coorparoo is a more establish area, so are the gardens. This means there will be old tree stumps that could be harbouring a termite nest in your garden or your neighbours. Old timber retaining walls are as much of a threat as tree stumps. Also, Coorparoo has many large trees (usually blocking your city views!) and moist gullies – ideal environment for termites.
- High percentage of park-lands that have a large number of native eucalyptus trees that normally harbour termite nests. This is especially so being so close to the green areas around Majestic Park, Eva St and Whites Hill Reserve.
Testimonial from a customer in Coorparoo
“Highly recommend Conquer Termite’s sound advice. I had been concerned about the vulnerability of my home to a Termite attack and Rowan gave us clear explanation on the best treatment options for our home.” Barry Harpley, Illidge St , Coorparoo
Click one of these buttons for a special deal or service
Services and information for Homeowners in Coorparoo
- Pest Inspections Coorparoo
- Termite inspections Coorparoo
- Termite treatment Coorparoo
- Chemical treatments Coorparoo
- White Ant inspection and treatments Coorparoo
- Termite Barriers Coorparoo
- Termite Protection Coorparoo
- Timber Pest Inspections Coorparoo
- Termidor treatment Coorparoo
How Coorparoo was named.
In 1875, a meeting was called to name the present school. This meeting resolved that the district and the school should be named ‘Coorparoo’, which was understood by the residents to be the Aboriginal name for Norman Creek. The name was subsequently accepted by the Board of Education as the name of the proposed school. The original spelling was ‘Cooraparoo’ but the shorter version was chosen. ‘Coorparoo’ is also thought to be the name of a pigeon or wild dove with a call similiar to the name itself.
Some local community businesses and facilities we support
Coorparoo Bowls Club: Website
Cream Patisserie Coorparoo: Website
Coorparoo History: ABC Article 2009